Great benefits, culture and life-work balance. Promotes from within.
Location: Manhattan, NY
What you will do:
Measure, analyze, identify, and solve backend stability and performance issues in our products, services and the core libraries that support our framework
Dive deep into difficult technical problems across the stack, those which can truly benefit from your expertise
Maintain the high availability and reliability our services and getting them back up and running quickly when failure occurs
Develop and deploy working software to production often.
We pride ourselves on safely doing this many times a day and expect you to enjoy shipping code behind feature flags, and making improvements available to our customers with a flip of a switch
Provide recommendations on the reliability of large features to ensure we ship software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
Review many small pull-requests, as empathetic, friendly, and thorough peer-reviewed PRs are a part of our culture
What you need to succeed:
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills
- Experience with PHP 7+ and PHPUnit (or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience with open-source databases and caching backends (MySQL, Redis, Memcache, etc)
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems
- Empathy for—and a laser-focus on—the reliability, security and performance of the systems
- Experience using source control (Git, GitHub) and feature branching strategies
- Experience debugging complex problems
- Thrive on collaborating on a cross-functional team
- You are self-guided and enjoy the autonomy that comes from clear goals and high-level direction
- Have the ability to effectively articulate your opinions and an open mind to changing them
Please send me your resume and cover letter if interested:
Marty Fox – email@example.com
I am not a recruiter. Simply helping someone find and build a career with an amazing software company.